15-year technical and creative manager in the film, animation, and game industries looking for technology management opportunities.
September 2016 – Present
Technical Director, Previs/Layout Artist, Lucasfilm/ILM
· Story/Previs Artist for Lucasfilm Animation Ltd (Apr 2018 – Present)
· External Technical Assistant III for ILM (Jan 2018 – Apr 2018)
· Technical Director for the Lucasfilm Franchise Team (Jul 2017 – Dec 2017)
· Modified Lucasfilm 3D digital products to meet creative needs of customers, provided technical support.
· Programmed and released tools in Python to automate delivery of product packages, shortening asset delivery times from weeks to hours.
· Redesigned and consolidated the 3D product delivery process from 4 departments into 1.
· Worked with developers to create a new product delivery application that addressed the needs of several departments.
· Layout/Matchmove Artist for ILM (Sep 2016 – Jul 2017)
March 2016 – September 2016
Creative Lead, Viscira
· Managed a team of 10 technical artists to create 3D and AR/VR media products for the pharmaceutical industry.
· Collaborated with cross-functional design, development, sales, production, and remote contractor teams as a 3D Generalist (modeling, rigging, previs, animation, lighting, effects, rendering, and editing).
· Forecasted staffing needs and strategized product scope to manage multiple concurrent projects within budget and timeline constraints.
· Client-facing manager for product vision and iteration pitching to big pharmaceutical clients including Novartis and Boehringer Ingelheim.
March 2015 – February 2016
Cinematic Artist, Telltale Games
Adapted script pages and verbal pitches into interactive cinematic scenes for the Game of Thrones, Minecraft: Story Mode, and The Walking Dead episodic games.
April 2007– January 2015
Layout Lead, Senior Layout Artist, PDI Dreamworks
· Collaborated with directors and cross-functional department supervisors to manage technical problem-solving and creative production for brand specific animated cinematics.
· Supervised 5-10 person in-house and remote creative teams to deliver and support 3D media products.
· Developed workflows and programmed tools in MEL and Python to integrate emerging technology into existing animation and motion capture pipelines.
· Managed motion capture sessions, acted as client-facing representative for system demos to corporate investors and media groups.
· Animated cameras and blocked characters, composed set dressing, stereoscopy, edited playlists, scripted tools, collaborated with directors and art supervisors, and executed technical shot setup.
· Projects included films, television shows, and commercials in the Classic Media, Madagascar, and How to Train Your Dragon franchises.
January 2005 – April 2007
Technical Animator, Layout Artist, Sony Imageworks
· Collaborated with directors, producers, and departments leads to create previs for animated feature films.
· Animated cameras and characters, cleaned and integrated motion capture data, composed set dressing, edited playlists, and executed technical shot setup.
· Developed the studio camera capture pipeline and scripted associated tools in MEL and Python.
· Projects included Beowulf, Spiderman, Surf’s Up, and Monster House.
B.S. Major in Business Administration, Minor in Management Information Systems, University of California, Berkeley, Walter A. Haas School of Business (1997)
|· Production knowledge of 3D creation software including Autodesk Maya and 3D Studio Max, Foundry Modo and Nuke, the Adobe Creative Suite, Katana, Avid, Final Cut, Unreal, and Unity.
· Management software experience with JIRA, Asana, Zendesk, and Shotgun.
· Motion Capture hardware and software experience with the Vicon, MAC, and Intersense systems.
· Extensive knowledge of Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.