Summary of Qualifications:
· Eleven years of production experience as a Layout Artist, Motion Capture Camera Specialist, and 3D Generalist on video games, television shows, commercials, and feature films.
· Four years of management experience in the entertainment industry supervising creative teams.
· Developer of motion capture camera pipelines and tools for Sony Imageworks and Dreamworks Animation.
Viscira - Creative Lead (2/16-Present)
· Led a team of technical artists to create high-end, scientifically accurate animation solutions for large pharmaceutical companies including Novartis and Boeringer Ingelheim.
Telltale Games - Cinematic Artist (3/15-2/16)
· Adapted script pages into interactive cinematic scenes for episodic games. Integrated animation libraries, edited audio and shot pacing, staged cameras and actors, and problem solved technical problems in a proprietary software pipeline.
The Walking Dead
Tales from the Borderlands
Dreamworks/PDI - Layout Lead/Artist (4/07-1/15)
· Previz and Final Layout, animated cameras and blocked characters, composed set dressing, set stereo, edited playlists, scripted tools, met regularly with directors and art supervisors, and executed technical shot setup.
· Managed a cross-site team, developed new layout workflows and camera rigs, and coordinated and delegated tasks from other departments.
· Developed workflows and toolsets for two camera capture systems, managed and operated previz scouting and final camera sessions, and demonstrated the camera system to multiple corporate investor groups, foreign dignitaries, celebrities, and media groups.
of Madagascar (Previz, Final Layout, Camera,
Peabody and Sherman (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
Madagascar 3 (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury (Final Layout Lead, Camera)
Megamind/Megamind: The Button of Doom (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
How to Train Your Dragon (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
Madagascar 2 (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
Sony Imageworks - Layout Artist/Technical Animator (1/05-4/07)
· Previz, Final Layout, and Camera Capture, animated cameras and characters, composed set dressing, edited playlists, and executed technical shot setup.
· Developed the Maya/Motionbuilder camera capture pipeline and scripted tools including an element importer and camera shake interface.
Camera Technical Director)
Spiderman 3 (Camera Technical Director)
Surf's Up (Previz, Final Layout, Camera)
Monster House (Final Layout, Motion Integration, Motion Editing)
Motion Works - Technical Animator, Compositor, Cameraman (4/04-11/04)
· Edited and animated hundreds of complex multiple character motion capture shots for The Matrix: The Path of Neo video game and a set of US Open Series commercials.
United States Air Force - C5 Pilot, Mission Control Officer, Stage Manager (7/98-11/02)
· How DreamWorks created a visualization system to prototype scenes in 'Dragon 2', Venture Beat, Dean Takahashi, (7/25/14)
· Imageworks harnesses f/x background, Variety, Matt Hurwitz, (12/13/06)
Gnomon School of Visual Effects (1/05-1/07) Courses Completed in Animation, Compositing, Advanced MEL Scripting, and Rigging.
Academy of Art (1/03-8/03) Courses in Animation, Illustration, Editing, and Film Production.
UC Berkeley - Haas Business School (8/93-5/97) B.S. Degree, Business Administration.
· Production knowledge of Maya, Modo, Nuke, MotionBuilder, 3D Studio Max, Proprietary 3D Software (Telltale, Dreamworks, Imageworks), Final Cut Pro, Avid, and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere).
· Camera Capture Specialist, experience with Vicon, MAC, and Intersense systems and software packages (Diva, IQ, EvaRT, Solver).
· Programming experience in Python, Java, Perl, MEL, UNIX, and HTML.
· Strong knowledge of Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.