Objective: To continue to grow as a layout artist and filmmaker.
Summary of Qualifications:
· 10 years of production experience as a Layout Artist, Motion Capture Camera Specialist, and Compositor on video games, television shows, commercials, and feature films.
· Rough and final camera specialist on numerous animated feature films.
· Developer of motion capture camera pipelines and tools for Sony Imageworks and Dreamworks Animation.
· Four years of management experience in the entertainment industry supervising layout and motion capture crews.
Dreamworks/PDI - Layout Lead/Artist (4/07-Present)
· Previs and Final Layout, animating cameras and blocking characters, set dressing, setting stereo, editing playlists, scripting tools, meeting regularly with directors and art supervisors, and technical shot set-up.
· Managed a cross-site team of four artists, developing new layout workflows and camera rigs, and coordinated and delegated tasks from other departments.
· Specialized in animating complex rough cameras and finalizing cameras on hundreds of shots.
· Developed workflows and toolsets for two camera capture systems, managed and operated previs scouting and final camera sessions, and demonstrated the camera system to multiple corporate investor groups, foreign dignitaries, celebrities, and news and media groups.
Penguins of Madagascar (Previs,
Final Layout, Camera, Rigging)
B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Peabody and Sherman (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Turbo (Final Layout, Camera)
Rocky and Bullwinkle (Final Layout, Camera)
Kung Fu Panda: Arena Spectacular (Final Layout, Camera)
Madagascar 3 (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury (Final Layout Lead, Camera)
Megamind/Megamind: The Button of Doom (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
How to Train Your Dragon (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Merry Madagascar (Previs)
Madagascar 2 (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Bee Movie (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Sony Imageworks - Layout Artist/Technical Animator (1/05-4/07)
· Previs, Final Layout, and Camera Capture, animating cameras and characters, set dressing, editing playlists, and conducting technical shot set-up.
· Developed the Maya/Motionbuilder camera capture pipeline and scripted tools including an element importer and camera shake interface.
Beowulf (Stereo Camera Technical Director)
Spiderman 3 (Camera Technical Director)
Surf's Up (Previs, Final Layout, Camera)
Monster House (Final Layout, Motion Integration, Motion Editing)
Motion Analysis Studios - Technical Animator (11/04-1/05)
· Edited and animated hundreds of motion capture shots for the ESPN NHL Hockey, The Godfather video games, and The Fantastic Four feature film.
Motion Works - Technical Animator, Compositor, Cameraman (4/04-11/04)
· Edited and animated hundreds of complex multiple character motion capture shots for The Matrix: The Path of Neo video game and a set of US Open Series commercials.
· Supervised and quality checked a motion tracking team.
United States Air Force - Pilot, Mission Control Officer, Stage Manager (7/98-11/02)
· How DreamWorks created a visualization system to prototype scenes in 'Dragon 2', Venture Beat, Dean Takahashi, (7/25/14)
· Imageworks harnesses f/x background, Variety, Matt Hurwitz, (12/13/06)
Gnomon School of Visual Effects (1/05-1/07) Courses Completed in Animation, Compositing, Advanced MEL Scripting, and Rigging.
Academy of Art (1/03-8/03) Courses Completed in Animation, Illustration, Editing, Film Production.
UC Berkeley - Haas Business School (8/93-5/97) B.S. Degree, Business Administration.
· Camera Capture Specialist, experience with Vicon, MAC, and Intersense systems and software packages (Diva, IQ, EvaRT, Solver).
· Maya, Nuke, MotionBuilder, 3D Studio Max, Proprietary 3D Software (Dreamworks Premo, Emo, Light, and Comp), Houdini, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Creative Suite.
· Programming experience in Python, MEL, UNIX, and HTML.